The Wheaton Blog
Moving in the Cold
The leaves are changing colors and the colder days of fall are upon us. Before you know it, winter will be at our doorsteps with the first winter snow (hopefully not too soon)! Many of us, by choice or not, move homes in the colder seasons. And although we still advise you to follow all our moving tips…there are some things you need to take into consideration with the colder temperatures. Check out our tips on moving in the cold:
- Bring warm clothes with you, don’t pack them all. Be prepared!
- Make sure your car is serviced before the move, you don’t want to break down in cold weather.
- Make things easier on the movers by clearing off the sidewalks and driveways of both your old and new homes for loading and unloading.
- Don’t pack any liquids that could freeze and think about any items that could be warped from cold weather. Ask your Wheaton movers any questions you have, they will be able to answer for you.
- Prepare warm beverages for moving day. It will be nice for both you and the movers.