The Wheaton Blog
Wheaton works with only the finest packing materials, giving you added security in the knowledge that you’ve hired the best people with the best tools.
In addition to typical small, medium and large boxes, Wheaton agents also offer a variety of materials for purchase should you choose to pack yourself. A little time, thought and investing in quality materials can make a big difference when it comes to protecting your belongings.
- Dishpack – contains internal dividers designed to accommodate fragile items such as dishware and glassware.
- Wardrobe – allows clothes to hang on a metal bar.
- Mattress – protects mattresses from damage and soiling.
Mirror – designed to adjust to different sized mirrors, pictures and other fragile, flat items.
- Newsprint – provides a clean, protective surface for almost all your wrapping needs because it does not contain ink like newspaper, which can soil or damage your belongings.
- Bubble pack – offers greater cushioning and protection for extra fragile items.
- Choose a high-quality 1 ½” to 2” wide tape.
- For added protection, plastic PVC-type tape or strapping tape with filament strands are the best options.
- Securely closes containers for shipping.
- Select a heavy permanent marker.
- List the main items in each container.
- Indicate which rooms cartons are to be placed in upon arrival.
- Add notes, such as “FRAGILE” or “THIS END UP” for containers with liquids.
- Identify cartons with your last name to assist the driver unloading at destination.