The Wheaton Blog
The devil’s in the details
The mover may be hired and your belongings organized for your move, but don’t forget all of the services you’re leaving behind.
Here’s a partial list of companies you should contact before moving:
- Notify telephone, electric, gas and water companies. Use Wheaton’s helpful Utility Connection Center to disconnect and reconnect many of your utilities. Visit www.wheatonworldwide.com.
- Discontinue service with your cable company and local newspapers.
- Change your magazine subscriptions.
- Cancel the security company, lawn service or any other type of regular service.
- Advise your post office of your new address in advance of moving.
- Contact your dentist and doctor to have medical records transferred to your new location.
- Gym memberships and other organizations may reimburse or pro-rate your account for pre-paid services.
Save time, money and headaches by accounting for the small details.